I guess I was on hiatus!

Hi y'all!

First of all, thanks SO MUCH to everyone who left messages here and on Facebook about missing my posts and hoping all was well. Seriously loved hearing from folks. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

We had a busy summer! Obviously, that meant I didn't blog. It wasn't that I didn't blog on purpose, it just sort of happened that way.

We had several trips to Dollywood, though not nearly as many as I'd have liked. In the middle of summer, when it was hot and perfect for riding water rides, we just always seemed to have other things going on, or the lake seemed like the better choice. We did go to the lake quite a lot, and I am glad we did. Lots of memories made, and Zoe turned into a fish somehow. last year she didn't want to be in water anywhere near deep enough to touch her shoulders, and this year she was doing flips off the big orange tube thing. I wish I had a waterproof camera and had actually gotten pics of everyone in the water, but I've got some great memories at least.

Other things included the County Fair, Faelyn's trip to Berea college, Rhiannon's trip to the beach, my family reunion, 4th of July in my hometown, Rhiannon turning 18, a trip to the zoo with friends, minor league baseball games, moved Rhiannon into her dorm, etc.

I do have lots of pics of other things we did, and I'll start posting about our summer, and about what's going on these days pretty soon.

Rhiannon is off to college now, so there's a new dynamic in the house. Things are calmer, quieter most of the time. This is mostly due to the two remaining girls finally having separate rooms (except when Rhi is visiting).

Around the house, it's been easier to get the house in shape and keep it in shape for a decent period of time. As we found when Rhi did visit this weekend, she tends to take over the entire space. So, when she's not here, it's a LOT easier to keep it clean, because it usually never gets out of hand. I am really glad I don't have to clean her dorm room LOL! Also glad she gets along with her roommate.

I have some projects in mind for the house that I hope to tackle over the next few months, probably after the new year actually. Wintertime is the time to do interior home projects, right?

Well, that's it for now. I know it's just a teaser kind of post, but really I will start posting more. I have a ton of photos I want to get posted.

I hope you all had an excellent summer and have a great Labor Day with friends and family!