A mostly lazy day.

So, I was determined to do a post on how shopping went and meals we've had, but to be honest, I just didn't feel like doing anything today.  I did want to come on here though and at least post something really quick.  (Also sorry about the weird coding thing that happened on my last post.  I don't know what happened there since I wasn't editing in HTML when I wrote it, but I fixed it.)

I got up today in the late afternoon after actually getting a decent amount of sleep (for me).  I thought I was going to be able to just lounge around all day and watch TV and youtube in bed like my normal Saturdays, while my husband has his friends over for their game days.  But I suddenly remembered I needed to go out and get his cholesterol medication that we weren't able to get with the HSA card (see yesterday's post on that fiasco). I decided to splurge a tiny bit and get a Diet Dr Pepper at Sonic.  And I got one of those survey receipts, so I can get a free one, so two for the price of one is not bad!  Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll give me another survey receipt when I get the free one!

So, went to Walgreens to get his prescription and look around while it's being filled. I was very good and didn't buy any drinks or chocolate, though I really wanted to! Finally it was time to pick it and pay, and it came to $162! Apparently it was a 90 day supply. I could have sworn my husband said it was a lot less than that, but I didn't have much choice.  I paid with my debit card and headed home. He said when he had tried to pick it up with the HSA card, it was only a 30 day supply and has no idea why it was changed between yesterday and today.  Thankfully we still had the money from him renewing his small personal loan (I'll fill y'all in on that later too), and from the two big loans we refinanced on Thursday. This should be the last time we ever renew a loan or use credit!  Anyway, thankfully we had the money to get his prescriptions, and I am going to reimburse our checking account from my HSA account via their website.  Thank goodness, that looks painless. It's going to take a few days to get the account set up with my banking info due to the weekend, but once that's done, I can just reimburse as needed. I wish I'd set up my bank account with them long before now, but with the card they had provided, it was never an issue before.  Live and learn I guess.

So, I picked up the food my future son-in-law told me to get and he paid for it.  So he bought dinner for me, hubby, the kid and himself.  So that was awesome! Then headed on back home, and made a mug of tea and snuggled up on the bed with the dogs and watched YouTube videos and scrolled through Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

After Hubby's game was over, and the guys left, he came to hang out and watch stuff with me.  I had him watch Stacey Flowers Baby Step Zero video and her Four Walls video.  I learned a lot from both, though I had seen one of them before.  This stuff is finally starting to sink in and click in my brain.

We talked about what our "WHY"s are.  Why do we want to get out of debt and change how we live? This questions is not as easy to answer as you may think. I'll go more into our answers on another post.

We are supposed to be going to a new church in the morning (well it's 5am here, and church starts at 11am, and I haven't been to bed yet.  Yay insomnia!) I really want to find a church that's not just for show or full of hypocrites, but also won't outwardly judge people.  The last church we went to had a great feeling, but we need to get my kid into a youth group for socialization and to help them find more of a purpose in life. But the youth group at the last church was full of perfect, thin, Instagram model type teenage girls.  And while I don't mean those types of people are bad,  I do know that it's not the kind of group my kid would feel comfortable in from the start. I've been checking out this new church on heir website, and from pics of the congregation and youth group, I think it's more like what we're looking for.  Sort of the misfits, kind of, if that makes sense. That's the kind of church I want.   So, yeah anyway, that starts in 6 hours.  I *really* hope I can get sleepy and actually get some sleep soon.

I hope y'all are having a great weekend!
Patty

Comments