Two And A Half Weeks Later...


I'm still here!  I didn't forget the blog.  Life has been ridiculously crazy around here over the last two weeks, and I was also kind of down about not sticking to the budget like I'd wanted to. But to be honest, those two weeks included kids coming home for the winter break, and Christmas, and our daughter Faelyn GOT MARRIED!  WOOHOO!



We did budget the wedding gift into our budget, along with Christmas presents, which we stuck to, but I realized I didn't have anything nice to wear to the wedding.  (Not just saying that,  I literally had nothing but ratty jeans, one oversized men's sweater and a ton of graphic tees and flannels. - plus a bunch of summer clothes not fit for the 21st of December.)  So, I ended up getting clothes at Walmart - but I did pick things I'd get a lot of use out of, not just a dress I'd never wear again.  Thankfully the wedding was semi casual.   But also, I had to get ingredients for the food I agreed to make for the reception.  It was a covered dish reception - like a family reunion - and Faelyn decided a few days before the wedding that she wanted me to make my mom's chicken casserole and a green bean casserole. I didn't have any of that stuff, and I wasn't going to tell her no. So, that all got added in too, but of course, since I was already over budget my stupid brain was like, Might as well get other stuff we want and shouldn't buy!

So, with all of that, and other random things, we come to this weekend. The 3rd and 4th paychecks from the budget I shared with y'all a few weeks ago were either in the bank or were pending to deposit (since the 31st is a Monday). So, my husband and I decided we preferred the idea of having a monthly budget cover the first part of the month, rather than starting on the 2nd week or the 15th, etc.  So, we wiped the Every Dollar App, and printed new budget sheets, and started fresh. It is exactly what we needed. 

I've decided to do a separate blog post on the budget, then I'll do one on Faelyn's wedding, one on my new planner, and also one on Christmas. I don't think a lot of photos were taken this year, but it was nice to just enjoy watching each other open gifts instead of making sure photos were just right.

It just feels nice to be able to relax and breathe and head into the New Year with a little hope at least. Looking forward to that tax refund LOL!

Have a Happy New Year y'all!
Patty

Comments

  1. Congratulations to Faelyn, she was a beautiful bride and I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was! I love the dress too! She got a lot of compliments on it, and she proudly let people know she paid about $36 for it on Amazon LOL! That's my girl haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every one. Thanks for coming by my site and reading my ramblings. I hope you have a wonderful day! -Patty