Still Around, Just in a Funk

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or anything. I do intend to do the blog posts and videos about the whole unemployment process.  It's actually just been a whole lot of waiting, so not a lot to share yet, but there should be soon.

Fortunately I got a package in the mail recently.  As a perk at my recent job, they would hand out tickets for spins on a wheel.  The tickets could be for getting good scores on reports, a peer-to-peer accolade, agreeing to last minute overtime, etc.  On the wheel, you could win BUX, anywhere from 2 to 35 or 50 I think. I got 35 a few times, but usually just got 2 or 5.  Anyway, we could use those BUX to buy work related or gamer things through Amazon at a certain exchange rate.  It was pretty cool.  Through the years, I've gotten a smart tv which is my main monitor, headsets, keyboards, mice, a webcam, planner supplies, a desktop monitor shelf, etc.  Well, management of our contacting company (not the one that severed the contract) were very gracious and allowed us to place last minute orders with our remaining BUX, and I got a camcorder, a tripod and an SD card. So, hopefully a semi-decent quality clean-with-me should be on its way soon.  I'm not hiding anything.  my house is a freaking disaster, and it shows in this video.  I have just filmed the "before" scenes, and am about to go film the actual cleaning part that I'll do a time lapse with music etc. I need to check and make sure the footage from the "before" shots came out okay.

I'm going to do a journal flip-through video too for the 2018 journals.  I know I keep saying it, but I've kind of been holding out for the new camera set up.   I really hope this all works out well.

I still don't have a new job, but I did bite the bullet and apply at the place a former co-worker just got hired on at, and he gave them my name. It sounds like a really cool place to work, and I have decided to just have some faith in myself and do this.  I know I CAN do the job.  I've just got a lot of Imposter Syndrome to work through.

Thanks to everyone who has been coming by to check out my blog and watch my videos, and especially the folks who commented!  It means so much to me!

See y'all soon!  Take care!
Patty


Comments

  1. Hi Patty!

    Sounds like things are coming together. I don't know anybody who likes to be new to a job. But, you will only be new for a few days or maybe a couple of weeks and then that scary part will be over. If you don't like it there, you can always keep an eye out for something else. Good for you for going for it. I don't know why you don't believe in yourself! You have lots more years of experience since the last time you were the new guy, if that makes sense.

    Recently, I have taken to bribing myself to make myself do things I am dreading. Then there is something in it for me and it cuts down on the self pity, lol. Like if I don't want to go to a family function and listen to all the bragging and drama, for example. I'll tell myself I can buy something for a few dollars at Walmart afterwards on my way home. Maybe you could allow yourself a little something in the budget when you start the new job. Like while you are new, you can go to Sonic for a soda every afternoon or buy some new planner supplies. It doesn't have to cost a lot. It's a mind trick that works for me anyways. It gives me something else to think about. Yeah I had to listen to my brother talk about his money and how important he thinks he is at Thanksgiving, but in return, I also got new sweatpants, lol.

    Anyways, I am looking forward to the videos. The fact that you keep it real is what I like about your posts. Are you still a night owl, or have you adjusted back to days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! I love the idea of rewarding myself like that! I'm not even sure being the njew person is going to be a problem, because I've not gotten any calls or emails for interviews. There may be that search engine rater job I might qualify for. The other one I was apprehensive about but really wanted hasn't called, but two others I worked with have been interviewed and one got hired, and now another has applied. I'm afraid without any phone support experience, all my years of email and live chat experience just don't mean much, especially on paper compared to someone who worked in a call center. The other place I was hoping for did email me to let me know they aren't interested. Oh well.

      I am still on nights, but not for lack of trying. I did well on Monday, but Tuesday I crashed and ended up back on my schedule. My husband then recommended I just stay up til he went to bed on Wed night, but I couldn't stay awake, and went to bed around 10am, which just put me more behind. After talking to my daughter who is used to having to stay awake for 24-36+ hours at college during those get-er-done weeks, said I just had to power thru and drink pots of coffee. Whatever was necessary. So, today (Friday) I woke up at 5:30pm and I am going to try to stay awake until Christopher goes to bed Saturday night, probably around 8pm. I might not make it much past 6pm, but that's better than nothing. Then I will make myself get up by 6am and stay up, and force myself to do it every day until it becomes normal. I have to, because I promised my kid that I'd do it for her, so I can help with her online school during the day, and be the SAHM I never got to be for her. Wish me luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every one. Thanks for coming by my site and reading my ramblings. I hope you have a wonderful day! -Patty