Outdoor Wednesday -The View Out My Window

This is my first time participating in Outdoor Wednesday which is hosted by the wonderful Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. So bear with me and forgive the less than perfect photos in my blog today. Many of today's photos were taken earlier in the Spring, but I wanted to share what a joy it is to look out the window at my desk.



We moved into this new home in February, and the first time I saw the master bedroom, I knew I'd put my desk right in front of the window looking onto our small backyard. What I didn't realize then was how much I would enjoy sitting here and watching the birds on the bird feeder that hangs just outside my window. Forgive the blurriness of some of the photos; I had to take these through my window and zoom in on them as well.

This chickadee was one of first visitors.


The pair of cardinals have assumed "ownership" of the bird feeder and tend to chase others away. Here's Mr. Cardinal.


And Mrs. Cardinal


I had to look this fellow up. He's a Common Redpoll. I'd never seen one before.



We've had several birds go after the seed that falls to the ground as well.

Bluejays are so colorful and pretty.


I love listening to the doves. We have a pair of these that come and visit us.


A Baltimore Oriole


Some days I hardly see any birds around, and I know the reason for that is usually not hard to find...

Pepper had given up on being sneaky about it I guess.


The other two are just too lazy to actually be a threat.

KC is usually more interested in chasing moths, but she does like to watch the birds. Maybe she thinks they're giant moths.


Our big fat cat "PorchCat" will get close enough to make them skittish, and I think he is devising a way to catch them on that feeder way off the ground. Then he falls asleep.


I hope you've enjoyed my Outdoor Wednesday attempt. I know the other ladies are showing off such gorgeous flowers and gardens today, but I don't have any. I've got a few container things, and we have some wildflowers. I'll try to do a post about them next week. Do please stop by A Southern Daydreamer and check out all the other wonderful sites participating in this fun day. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Comments

  1. That's really cute! I love the pics of the birds and your cute kitties too! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your first Outdoor Wednesday. Your bird photos are wonderful. They are such fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first OW!
    It must be wonderful to watch nature from your desk..
    The cat perched on the ladder is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty,
    Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday, you did a fantastic job, I see someone likes to watch birds as well as I do. Your kitties are precious too. Thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love animals, and they are part of what make outdoors so wonderful! Thanks for all of your great shots and for sharing your furbabies and yard birds with us!

    Happy OW...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love all the pictures of your bird visitors....so fun to watch them.. Have a great Wednesday! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Patty! I am glad you joined us! I love watching birds..I could do it for hours! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching birds and also cats watching birds. Free entertainment! Thanks for sharing.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty, what fun looking at your bird & kitty photos.

    Thanks for reminding me about the Butterfly Weed. I have been racking my brain for that. I knew it was simple, but just could not remember. Happy OW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaww! My boys and I enjoyed your pics of all the birds. :) Thank you for sharing with us.
    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every one. Thanks for coming by my site and reading my ramblings. I hope you have a wonderful day! -Patty