Day 4 of the Flylady Babysteps

Ok, yeah it's Friday, not Thursday. So this post is technically about yesterday.

Did not do as well as I should have. The little things that most women do without even thinking come hard for me as I drag myself out of the depths of self-pity.

I did get dressed to lace up shoes, and I did brush my hair. The washcloth I had disappeared, so no face scrubbing... I did one load of laundry all day. Of course my mother in law came over for Family Dinner Night and did 3 loads of hers, but I'm not sure I would have done more of my own if she hadn't been here. It's pretty sad when my office where I work from home 8 hours a day is IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM and I still can't get caught up on laundry.

But anyway, So here is Day 4 of FlyLady's Babysteps. I'm supposed to continue doing what I was doing and also write them down on post-its to remember to do them. Well, I don't need to be reminded to put on my shoes or shine my sink. I've been doing Flylady so long it's ingrained in DNA, but I did write a post it to remind myself to make sure we called about getting the city trash pickup service. I talked my hubby into doing it since everytime I called, no one ever answered. They're dropping off the can on Monday Yay!

I didn't actually shine my sink last night *gasp*. I feel guilty too. I don't think I'll let it happen again. It wasn't bad. It had one bowl in it that was soaking and wouldn't fit in the dishwasher, but still it wasn't shiny.

I did however have a very very long soak in the tub with music and Aveeno moisturizing bubblebath stuff. Oh that felt nice. On my regular shift, I don't get off work til 3:15am, and I just don't want to take a bath at 3:30 in the morning. But on Day 4, I worked 10:45am - 7:15pm so, it was a more "normal" day.

It was Family Dinner Night, and we had a HUGE pork roast we'd gotten on sale. I was supposed to put it in the crockpot that morning when I got Zoe up and off to school, but I forgot... until 1pm. I put it in on High, but it wasn't done at 5pm. So I had hubby stick it in the oven for a couple of hours and it STILL wasn't done. It was a huge roast. Had to crank up the temp on the oven and put it in another hour. Finally it was done. I don't like eating dinner that late though. It led right into people watching TV, and we never sat down to play any games together. Well, the two middle schoolers had a dance to go to anyway. There's always something.

I think though, when (well if) I ever go to days full time, I'll be able to get more of a routine going. Right now I can't drag myself out of bed before 9am... ok 9:30 and I'm still wanting to stay up late. It's just as if a normal person was suddenly doing a nightshift job. It takes time to acclimate.

I am hoping Day 5 goes better. :)

Comments

  1. I failed at the Flylady, I don't wear shoes in my house, among many other things. Good luck.

    Thanks for coming by my blog. You will love meeting Ree, she is so very real. Get there early!
    The Park Wife

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every one. Thanks for coming by my site and reading my ramblings. I hope you have a wonderful day! -Patty