Excited!

One of the perks to working days is getting to read emails and blogs as people are actually writing them, not after they've gone to bed. The first one I see every day is The Pioneer Woman. I love seeing the posts about the ranch, but I really love the ones she's doing about the Book Tour she's doing to promote her #1 New York Times Bestselling Cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks.

I bought this cookbook 2 days after it was released. I made a special trip for it and even Tweeted about my frustration that the first books store did not have it and wouldn't til the next month! Sacrilege! I LOVE IT!! It has awesome photographs, great stories from her blog, and it even has MM's real name! (And some of those beloved Wrangler shots! *swoon*!)

So, what's exciting is that Ree (That's PW) is coming kinda sorta close to us for her book signing... in Nashville!!! Ok, so it's a 4+ hour drive in good traffic, but OMG the opportunity to see her in person is just too much to pass up.

Maybe if I cross all my fingers and toes MM will come with her. Maybe he's always wanted to see Nashville! He can wear his hat and fit right in AND it's a city! Ok, so that's probably true of Tulsa, Austin, OK City and all those other places, but hey it's Music City USA! Oh please tell me he's a country music fan and makes the trip!!

Well, even if he doesn't show and doesn't sign the pic of his beloved Wranglers on the back cover, I will still get to meet Ree and have her sign my book. It's on December 8th, and my hubby and I have already gotten approved to have the 8th and 9th off work. He's so sweet to come with me, but he really digs her cookbook too, and he's got a thing for redheads LOL. So, anyway, we're going to stay in a hotel the night of the 8th since we might be in line for a couple hours (hoping to get there early though) and then the drive back is 4 hours. So, we'll have part of the day on the 9th to look around Nashville. I've lived in TN for 39 years and never been to Nashville. Is that sad or what?

Anyway, I just felt the need to gush and be a little fanatic stalker-ish since I've seen all these other blogs talking about how they've already gotten to meet her and even had MM sign their books. *JEALOUS*!

Y'all have a great Friday the 13th!!

Comments

  1. Hey Patty!
    I have had internet trouble thanks to all the rain from Ida so that is why I haven't been stopping by.I haven't forgotten you! :)
    I am in the middle of a major decluttering and rearranging session at my house so wow, I feel your pain! I am enjoying reading about your FlyLady journey. I have done it successfully in the past then would drift away from it. Just keep trying and don't get too caught up in trying to do it all. Remind yourself that by doing a little more each day you will eventually get everything organized and clean. At least that's what I tell myself LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ryc: ((hug)) I'm sorry you are going through such a time. Thank you for your prayers and you are in ours as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every one. Thanks for coming by my site and reading my ramblings. I hope you have a wonderful day! -Patty