My Thursday "Off" and Friday's List

I’m writing this late Thursday night, Nov 19th.

Well yesterday, I did not really even touch the bedroom, though I did get a lot of laundry done. In fact the kids and hubby kept saying, “I have MORE clothes?” I’ve gotten two 30-gal trash bags full of stuff to take to the charity thrift store, and will soon have a third.

Today, I was supposed to go to a school lunch with Zoe at 10:40, but since I’d had to get up at 10am yesterday morning and then worked til after 3am, I was just too tired. Her dad couldn’t go either, but she did get to take her lunch, which she loves. I slept til 2. Oh it felt so great! I needed it.

I found out this evening that I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and get moved to days M-F starting Monday and it will last for at least 6 weeks! WOOHOO! The scheduling lead even said I might stay on Day shift if they can get new people trained well enough to take my place on the evening shift. Otherwise Evenings need me too much. Awww I feel loved haha.

I would normally have one more day without any kids here during the day so I could get some stuff done without them in the way. However, our city school superintendent in his infinite wisdom has decided to let ALL students and teachers out at 1pm tomorrow because one of the schools has some important ball game to go to. I don’t even know which sport. My kids aren’t in sports, they’re in Gifted… It annoys me to no end that the kids are missing classes because of SPORTS! Ok, enough of the soapbox.

My point to all of this is that now I have 3 days to get stuff done around here. That’s why I kind of took it easy today. I needed my sleep and some downtime.


My to-do list for Friday November 20, 2009
  • Get the girls up for school.
  • Make the bed.
  • Get ready for the day, including hair, face, teeth, shoes etc.
  • Continue with rebooting laundry all day (someday it will all get done!)
  • Unload dishwasher
  • Get new trash bag and pick up trash in the bedroom as I come across it.
  • Clear off Chinese lacquer cabinet
  • Get one of the cleaned, empty storage tubs and start filling with stuff taking up room in the bedroom.
  • Get at least one box emptied and stuff sorted and put away or tossed. Throw out box.
  • Get another storage tub and put the circular saw, drill, misc tools etc in it. (Yes those have been stored in my bedroom too!)
  • Start working on that corner with the gray chair.
  • Make dinner
  • Have kids pick up in living room and dining area and clear the table.
  • After dinner, pack up leftovers, clear dishes, reload dishwasher.
  • Play games with the kids.
  • 10:00 Date Night DVDs with my hubby. :)

Comments