Revised Menu (aka one of those boring posts)

Ok, so already the menu has been mixed up a bit. Since we went to a friend's house on Saturday, we got Little Caesars pizza. (I know we weren't supposed to spend extra, but they're cheap pizzas and there was some left for lunch the next day too.)

Since I didn't cook one of the meals, it basically meant I could remove one of the more expensive meals to cook. I hadn't bought the pork chops for the two pork dishes yet since I was hoping to catch them marked down at Dollar General Market. Anyway, I decided not to do the pork chops with apple and onion on Sunday night and instead did the spaghetti from Saturday. 

Now the problem is, if I go back to the menu I made, then we'd have two of the "regulars" back to back, and they HATE when that happens.  Besides Christopher requested chili for his birthday meal instead of chicken and dumplings since he has to close at the store and will be eating late. I don't know. He can be strange, but he likes chili when eating late... At least I don't sleep in there at night hah! 

So! Since I had to rearrange the menu, I had him choose what he wanted tonight, and he picked the Chinese pork and noodles which everyone raved about.  So, we're adding it to future menus.  I'm so glad when I can find a new recipe that everyone likes and gives us something different and not just spaghetti and sloppy joes every night. 

So, here's the new menu (this is mainly for my own benefit since I refer to this page all week.)
Friday 8/13
Zippy Chicken Stirfry
Rice.

Saturday 8/14
PIZZA

Sunday 8/15
 
Spaghetti
Garlic Bread and Green Beans


Monday 8/16

Chinese Pork and Noodles

Tuesday 8/17 Hubby's Birthday!! (He works 12 hours that day though :(  )

Chili
Crinkle Fries, Corn



Wednesday 8/18

Chicken and Dumplings
Peas



Thursday 8/19
Meat Loaf
Mac n Cheese, Green Beans

Friday 8/20
 
Chili
Crinkle Fries, Mustard Greens


Saturday 8/21
Cashew Chicken
Rice

Sunday 8/22

Sloppy Joes
Mashed Potatoes, Mustard Greens


Monday 8/23

Broccoli Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Salad


Tuesday 8/24

 Spaghetti
Green Beans


Wednesday 8/25

 Spinach Enchiladas
Refried Beans


Thursday 8/26

Mushroom Noodle Bake
Corn


Friday 8/27
Sloppy Joes
Mashed Potatoes, Greens

Comments

  1. Chaotic? It seems to me you are a lot more organized than I was when my family was all at home. I tried the "menu" thingy...and was always making the meal that was posted for Friday, on Monday, etc. etc. I never got the hang of that sort of thing...still don't. I guess it is just not in my personality.
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I think it's the only organized thing about me. Probably because it's basically the only thing I have any real control over. But this is already revised once and it's only 4 days into it. It may get revised 3 or more times yet heh. I do just prefer to figure it out ahead of time since it helps with grocery shopping. I can't afford to have a stocked pantry to just make whatever I want whenever I want, so it has to be specific when shopping. Besides it cuts out a lot of "What's for dinner tonight?" But yeah, everything else is way unorganized. ... or at least feels like it's hanging onto organization by a thread.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every one. Thanks for coming by my site and reading my ramblings. I hope you have a wonderful day! -Patty