Still alive!

Hello all, just wanted to let you know I am still alive!  My friend from the UK is here visiting, and it's been a very busy week.


I had told him not to bring too many clothes since I do laundry every night, I can wash his clothes. He got here Saturday night.  On Sunday my dryer stopped working. Yeah...  Found out today there was "nothing wrong with it" according to the repair guy. I trust him, I've done business with him and bought appliances there before. He did say there was a LOT of lint in it. So I wonder if maybe the dryer shuts off when it become dangerous.  It does have a lint sensor actually and makes a weird alarm noise when there's too much.  Maybe the alarm just stopped working, but it still shuts down when there's too much. Now I am determined to get that dryer lint removal kit from Flylady. I don't want my house burning down!  So, anyway, got it home and after a couple false starts, it seems to cough something out and is now running fine! yay! 


I've put my daughter's Chevy truck up for sale on Craigslist and a local yahoo group. The payoff is low enough now that I could hopefully get about $1000 out of it after paying off what I own on it. I'd give the kid half to put on a car of her own and then I'd put the rest onto getting caught up on bills.


So, yeah anyway, busy week already.


Also found out that although the school wasn't charging my kids for lunches or breakfast for a couple weeks, they must have actually denied the free/reduced lunch application, since they started charging full price again Monday with no notice.  So, they'll be taking their lunch to school from now on, at least til I can afford to budget money for them to eat there.  The prices are normal I guess, but they can add up!
Zoe: breakfast: $1.25  lunch: $1.75 (elementary school)
Faelyn: Breakfast: $1.25  Lunch $2.00 (middle school)
Rhiannon: breakfast: (refuses to eat it at school) Lunch: $2.25 (high school)
So for one week, it costs $42.50 which comes out to $170 a month.  That's nothing to sneeze at.


Well, tomorrow is my day to relax and not think about ANYTHING! Daniel is taking me to the Smoky Mountains which has been a tradition of ours since he started visiting here in 2000. We're going to go to Clingman's Dome and then spend some time in Gatlinburg and ride the tram and chairlift to the top of Ober Gatlinburg.  He's treating me to lunch and dinner and I fully intend to get some taffy and fudge out of the day as well. :) 


He's already feeling more chipper and talking about life after his ex, so the vacation is good for him so far. And Zoe is having a ball!  They play like little kids together and he gives her piggy back rides and just gives her the attention she really doesn't get enough of here normally.  The youngest of 4, she can get overlooked a lot. :(   So, I'm really glad they're getting to bond again and make some memories.


Hope y'all are having a great week!

Comments