Giving Thanks and Meaning It

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I know yesterday's post was pretty depressing and whiney and ranty. Sometimes I have to get it all out, which was the whole point of this blog in the first place really.

But today I wanted to say how thankful I am for all the blessings I do have.

I still have my wonderful husband and we are truly the best of friends and love each other very much. To think that I almost lost him nearly four years ago now is still very scary.  So, I'm very thankful for my Christopher.

I'm so very thankful for my gorgeous healthy daughters who are so funny and sharp as a tack. I can't even imagine my life without them, even if they do grate on my nerves from time to time, I just adore them all. And I'm VERY thankful for the scholarship and grants allowing my oldest to go to a great private college for practically nothing out of pocket! Hooray!

I'm really thankful for my home and that we have a working vehicle and really a lot of luxuries we didn't have in the early pinch-and-save days of our marriage. Practically everyone in the house has their own cell phone and computer. There's TVs in almost every room (some old, but still working), DSi, Wii, high speed internet, digital cable. I remember days when I had to watch the same VCR tapes of Discovery Daytime decorating shows over and over because I was stuck at home with the kids with no cable and just an old VCR.  Oh and I am thankful for my washer and dryer.  Years of going to the laundromat will make one very thankful of a washer and dryer in their home. Oh man.

I am so truly thankful for our jobs. My husband and I actually both have the jobs we hoped and prayed for for YEARS. I still kind of have to pinch myself that we have these great positions. Yeah we don't make 6 figures working for some big computer company or something, but we bring in more than the national average finally and when I'm not being stupid and wasting it all, we would have the money to live fairly nicely.

I am very thankful for my friends.  Our local friends we get together and play games with and go out to dinner with, as well as our online friends.  We play online games with them and just chat over instant messenger about the dumbest stuff sometimes. I have two who are guys and a lot younger than me who keep me feeling young by keeping me "in the know" with 20-something slang and music and just stuff. Both have great professional jobs now and I met them both when they were young geeks still in school and living at home with their parents. They're certainly not people I'd have ever become friends with in person, but because of the internet we've been friends 10-11 years now! So I'm thankful for the internet! LOL I am too since I work online!

And I'm thankful for you all. Even if you don't comment, I know someone out there is listening, and sometimes, I really need that.  And for those who do comment, THANK YOU.  I get all excited when I see an email with a comment! Happinessss!

I know there's tons more I'm thankful for, but I think this will do it for now.

Happy Thankgiving everyone, may your day be filled with snuggling up with cocoa to watch the parade with wide eyed little ones if they're around... fun cooking with the family, great food, football (or classic movies, or a good book), maybe putting up the tree and decorating it together, and just being surrounded by the people you love.  I wish that for you all.

Comments

  1. Many Blessings to you and your family Patty...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I read every one. Thanks for coming by my site and reading my ramblings. I hope you have a wonderful day! -Patty