Power 90 might be harder on our marriage than our bodies.

Our box of Power 90 came today. I opened it up and read through the books and watched the cardio part of phase 1-2. It's about 45 minutes long, and seems a lot like the aerobics class I took in highschool (which took me from a size 18 to a size 12 my senior year). It's just longer. Tony Horton is a great instructor, and I know I'll enjoy the workout as long as I don't over do it and do it at my pace which is what he keeps reminding the viewer. I haven't watched the other video yet.  It's for strength training, and we alternate them.

I've been trying to figure out the best time for us both to workout at the same time, and the only time we could consistently is 5am.  When he realized he'd only get 6 hours of sleep if he worked 10-10 then got up at 5am for a workout, he said he was absolutely not doing that... he said if he started going to bed earlier than he's used to going to bed, he'll lose all his nighttime "me" time.  So Christopher refuses to get up a 5am and workout with me. He says we don't have to work out together - in fact he seemed to not want to work out with me (or so I got from his tone of voice.)  He also is upset he has to stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.

When I saw him today at lunch today and we talked about all this, I told him he has to commit.  He has to CHANGE.  He's had a heart attack at age 36 and has had two mini strokes. WHAT THE HELL will it take for him to realize he has to CHANGE.  I told him he was being very selfish.  If he doesn't change he'll be dead before age 50 and that's not just crappy for him, but also me and the girls. I'm expecting him to be by my side as I grow old. I want my grandkids to know their grandpa.  I want him to play with them, read to them, get them into geeky stuff. I could make it without him if I had to.  I have a good job and he has life insurance, but that is NOT the kind of life I want to live.

I told him he could work out without me if he wanted, but he had to promise me on our marriage and all he held holy that he'd do the workouts and stick to them.  He has to commit to all 90 days. It's not going to be easy.  This isn't a famous workout series because it's easy... it's because it is HARD and it WORKS.  Personally, I can't wait to see the fat falling off of me and finally getting into the clothes I really want to wear - and look good in them! But also, I don't want to fear seeing a Dr and hear the horrible things that might be wrong with me ALL because of my weight and bad habits.

We should have made the change years and years ago... but age 42 is better than never.