Been a busy Autumn so far!

I've got lots of posts in mind, so I think I'm going to try to get a bunch done and set them to post each day, so I don't spam y'all with a bunch all at once.

This past weekend was mine and Christopher's 22nd wedding anniversary! We didn't have much money, but we made do with what we had, and had a great time just being together.

We got a rental car using the Enterprise weekend rates, plus I used some of my points I'd saved up.  Our Explorer isn't doing as badly as it had been, but it'll need some major repairs before we're comfortable driving it out of town. So, the rental was a good alternative.

We had a great breakfast at a place one of Christopher's co workers recommended. Tons of food for a good price.  I had leftovers that I ate the next morning, in fact. Then we drove to the bigger city 45 minutes away, and did some window shopping.  We both love looking at Pier One and book stores, etc. We stopped at thrift stores and antique markets as well. I got a few things to decorate the kitchen table with. I found the perfect pieces too.  He got some stuff for his gaming and writing that he'd been wanting. Just simple stuff like new pencils and printer paper, etc.  We didn't spend much on either of us, but we were both happy with it all.  We also had a list of things Rhiannon needed for her performance in Dessert and a Show this weekend, so we picked those things up for her.

Then we headed back to town, and went to Myers Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze.  I think we must have been a little early, cause when we rode the hayride, there were only like 3 other people on it. Later on, we saw it was full of laughing people. Oh well, next time, we'll know to wait a while.

This is us on the hayride doing a selfies pic lol.  The hay wagon was not what I expected. It was a giant cage! I guess they don't want to get sued by someone falling off.

This was the view when they stopped to let people off and on at the corn maze. It just went on for as far as the eye could see up to the mountain. My hip was bothering me, so we didn't do the corn maze. Maybe next year.


We took these of each other when we got back to Myers from the hayride. I wish I'd taken more pics. Right behind us there is a big circle of rockers and chairs around where people can play guitars, sing etc.  The building on the hill is the main part of it all.  It's got a country store, and you can get cold fresh pumpkin pie and hot apple cider or hot cocoa (we had all three!). There's also a long line of rocking chairs and benches with a big firepit.  You can buy sticks with marshmallows and hot dogs to roast on the fire. And of course, they have tons of pumpkins, gourds, fodder, hay bales, etc.

We had a lot of fun just being together, just the two of us.  It felt weird though. Usually we're always kind of on alert as to where any of the kids are.  I guess we should start getting used to that though. Soon we'll just have two at home, then soon after, just one.

Hope you are having a wonderful Fall!