Some Fall decor around the house.

I know I promised a post on the beautiful things we got to bring home from Christopher's grandparents' house, but I've not  gotten around to taking some really nice close up shots of stuff yet.

Like here's a shot of the bookshelf.  It used to hold all our games for easy access. Now it's holds depression ware.  1-2 colors per shelf. I also made use of a lot of the lace and doilies she had. No sense in them just sitting in a drawer.


While I didn't take better pics of that stuff, I did get some shots of the Fall stuff I put out this weekend. I just finally felt in the mood to decorate, so I got it all out to see what I had to work with. Not much really.  I have one small box and it's mostly Halloween buckets and pieces of old costumes.

My phone's camera is not the greatest, and I don't have a real camera.  But this shows the kitchen table all decked out.  Schnitzle's cage is now by the back door.  The cat/dog food containers are under and around it. The window dressings are some of the lace and linens I got from Christopher's grandmother, as well as the teapots.

Here's a better one of the table..

I used china and stoneware that was in earth tones and looked "Fallish". The wheat and poppy stoneware mug and saucer than belonged to Christopher's GREAT grandfather is tucked under the dried grass I put in an ironstone-looking-pitcher.  The basket is full of tomatoes from the garden.

You can see the saucer a little better in this one.  The note in the mug said it was the only cup that Christopher's great grandfather would drink out of. It's in perfect condition. Not a chip.  *knocks on wood!*

The pumpkin shakers, I've had for years, but the squirrels are from his grandparents' house. I thought they fit right in.



Then we move on to the bigger dining/game table.  It was set for dinner when I took it. I got such great linen napkins from his grandparents, but I realized I don't have any napkin rings. I obviously need a trip to Pier One soon. :)



I just kind of threw this together and moved stuff til it felt right. The old galvanized pitcher thing holds wild flowers and stuff from the back field.  I used a bowl that matches one I used on the kitchen table in browns and gold.  The cute Dollar Tree pumpkins, pine cones I had from last Christmas and some pumpkin candles.

I don't remember where I got the little rock, but I love it. 

 The green glass bowl is a chip and dip set that my neighbor and friend, Laura got at the local antique store and gave me for my birthday.

Then we move on to the sideboard by the front door. I kept it simple, since there's so much stuff on it. I put a runner on it in fall colors, put out a pumpkin candle and there's also a jar with fall silk flowers (Dollar Tree yay!) and my poor broken and patches together quails. (The silver in the middle is some of what we got from his grandparents')


I got a shot of it from the living room, but it's fuzzy.


And that just leaves the coffee table.  I wish I'd gotten another shot after I got the new orange candles for the cat candle holders. They're pumpkin spice too, of course. The swan and the lace piece under neath are from his grandparents as well, and the table usually just has the lace and the swan holding the coasters (bright orange plastic, totally vintage and were given to me by his grandma YEARS ago.  They had been her mother-in-law's coasters and she hated them lol. )  I just folded over a fall runner on top of the lace and added the clear glass votive holders so I could have more candles out. My mother in law gave me the cat candle holders for Christmas. They are really cute with candles.


That recliner you can see there was Christopher's great grandfather's chair.  Not the same great grandfather who had the mug.  Both sides of his mother's family saved EVERYTHING and kept it in mint condition.

I'm glad I've decorated, and now I can go look at everyone else's decorations on their blogs.

Oh I need to get some shots of outside soon. I stopped fussing at my husband to mow the lawn and just do it myself now.  I usually mow the front on Tuesdays and the back on Saturdays - my days off.
That, and walking the dogs every day down the street and back has made me more aware of the outside of the house, and how bad some of it looked from the road.  I still want to get some pretty mulch and cover up some bare places in the bed I made, and get some more mums. Hopefully this week!

Hope y'all had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!
Patty


I'm linking this on Share Your Cup Thursday. Love that blog!
http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2014/09/share-your-cup-thursday-119.html