I wish I could figure out how to do more than one thing at a time!

Hello all you folks who still come by to check out my blog!  Thank you so much for being here!

My posting here has been sporadic to non-existent. I've apologized for that more than I've actually posted any content, so I'll move on.

So, no blogs mostly all summer.  What's up with that?  Well, iot's not a new trend for me unfortunately, but I had actually planned on blogging.  I can tell you my journaling also pretty much stopped altogether.  Why?

POKEMON GO! 

Yes seriously.  That game took up all my free time for several weeks.  But to be honest I had an ulterior motive.  My kids were (mostly) all playing it.  The college kids would go downtown around 10pm and meet up with friends or just sit on the corner where they could reach 3 pokestops at once and resupply on pokeballs and eggs etc.  At first, I refused to get into it.  I don't actually like video games. I barely know anything about Pokemon. But I did like the idea of walking around town and meeting their friends and being out on the nice summer evenings when it was finally cool enough to be outside.  (THIS SUMMER WAS SO FREAKING HOT Y'ALL!)

So, I joined in, and we had a blast. I'd go downtown with them on my nights off work, and my Fitbit got all confused.  I was actually walking!  You have to walk to hatch eggs to get Pokemon that sometimes can be hard to catch. This game really got kids out walking and interacting, and my little town's downtown area was full of life! 

During the day it really was too hot to do anything.  We didn't go to the lake or swimming even.  We didn't even go to Dollywood  during the whole summer festival time. It was miserable. I had a big summer bucket list to do, and I got like maybe 5 things done.

But now the days are a little shorter at least and the evening coolness comes a little sooner each day, but the days are still in the 90s here.  It can just stop now seriously.  It's almost October!  I want FALL!

I went from having 7 people here most of the time to now there's just the 3 of us left. Rhiannon is back for her junior year at college.  Faelyn just started her Freshman year, and so her boyfriend isn't here all the time either (plus he's also going to SNHU online). And Ducky went back for his 2nd freshman semester. Since he started in the Spring, he's sort of Freshman, sort of Sophomore. His college is in town, so we see him now and then, but he lives on campus.

Corina, my oldest is still working full time and has now also started back to college at SNHU online.  So many college kids!

Boy is my house quiet now!

Ren (you might know her as Zoe from older blogs, but she prefers Ren) is in 8th grade this year, and she's a quiet child.  She sleeps a lot too. Christopher works a ton of hours, and he has his computer set up in my old office space in the bedroom.  Meanwhile I am now in my own office.  FINALLY after all these years, I have my own space. It's nowhere near what I want it to look like, but it's getting there. It's also home to Faelyn's rabbit, Carmel, and his cage is pretty huge.  But I am determined to somehow fit a nice big comfy chair in here where I can curl up and read or write or blog, etc.

I've got some great ideas for both blogs and videos, and I just bought a tripod, so hopefully now that things have settled down, I can get back to doing all the things that used to be daily and normal for me.

Thanks for reading and I hope you come back and I really hope there's more to come soon!  We'll both find out! :) 

Patty