Spring Break and getting stuff done!

Hello again!  I'm still around!

Friday, I went to Berea, Kentucky to pick up Faelyn, one of my daughters, from college since it's her spring break. Her fiance, Austin, went with me. It's about a 4 hour drive including stops for gas and potty breaks etc. It's actually a really nice drive.  We go through the tunnel at Cumberland Gap and instead of catching I-75, I take the back road through Corbin and London and go by Renfro Valley.

The night before we left, Austin stood in line for over 5 hours waiting on the midnight release of the Switch and the Zelda game to go with it. He got a few other accessories for it and had them all set up on the dining table so that when we finally got back home with Faelyn Friday night, she saw them.  She just lost it and was sobbing into his shirt. It was so sweet. He kept it a complete surprise which was great. She's played it quite a bit since they got it all opened and ooohed and aaahed over it all.

Saturday, we had Family Dinner Night (yes that's capitalized lol). We had 9 people at the dining table! We had to put both leaves in it, and I got to use my big tablecloth haha.  Our oldest, Corina and her husband Tyler, Faelyn and Austin, our youngest - Ren, Ducky, Christopher and me, and my mother in law. I made gluten-free meatloaf by using crushed Cheerios instead of bread crumbs, gluten-free mac and cheese and regular mac and cheese, and corn. There was no dessert unfortunately. I should have baked brownies, but didn't think to.

After dinner, I had everyone pass their dishes to me and I get them all soaking, and I packed up the leftovers into tupperware and I got the pan and serving dishes soaking. Mac and cheese bowls are the worst! Then we all played Cards Against Humanity.  I know that seems odd to play as a family game, but you've got to know my family LOL! It was one of the funniest games of that I've ever played.

Today, I got a good 8 hours of sleep before the dogs woke me up. Faelyn and Austin were already gone to his house, and Christopher left for work just before I woke up. So, it was just me and Ren and the animals. I remember telling myself that I was going to relax today and not take on any projects. HAH!  I don't know why that went totally out the window, but I decided at some point that the back porch was too gross and cluttered to remain that way, so I ended up filling two giant contractor trash bags full of trash and junk off the porch and made another pile of stuff behind the porch to get bagged up and hauled off later.  I had started putting boxes on the back porch to be broken down to go to recycling, but they got rained on unexpectedly, but I never took care of them at the time.  Then I just put more and more out there.  I knew that really none of the boxes were ever going to get recycled.  I just kept piling up trash and junk on the porch. I just couldn't bring myself to deal with it. But finally today, it was a gorgeous day.  In the 70s. Folks were out grilling and kids were playing and riding bikes.  I decided this was the day. It was gross.  Old slimy wet cardboard.  Yuck!  But I got it all picked up, and the porch swept. I put a new chair and little table out there, and we still have the round table with the umbrella where the cats go when it's raining and where I feed the strays (and occasionally raccoons and possums). Our old water heater is actually still sitting on it, but it's back in the corner, and I don't know how to get rid of it yet. I guess I'll have to get my son-in-law to get it with his pickup truck, but it'll take a few strong guys to move it to the truck and go unload it at the convenience center.  I hope they take water heaters at least. But that's for another day.

Right now, I'm on a break at work, and the physical exertion from today is starting to take its toll. I am so sore.  But it feels good to have it done and know I got something that big accomplished today.

I hope you all had a great weekend!