YouTube fails so far and How my girls are doing

I cleaned off my husband's craft table. I set up as much lighting on the area as I could. I rigged a way to suspend my iPhone to be able to film the video.  It all seemed to be going well.  But the first video was totally out of frame. I did another one, and it ended up being half out of frame and over an hour long. I did a third, and it was in frame until about halfway through and I apparently forgot everything and the rest of it's half way out of frame and 58 minutes long.  By that point, it was after 7am, and I had no voice.

Today, I woke up, did some stuff, and headed back into the room to film again. I marked off the frame so I could stay in it.  I tried not to sound hoarse, but it still ended up being over 40 minutes long.  I figure that's fine. I can edit it and cut out a bunch I'm sure. Or just maybe do a voice over with music or something and speed it up. But the video is still not showing in the iCloud site, and I can't get it onto my computer via a USB cord. So, now I have a headache, no voice, and nothing really to show for it.  I'm frustrated.  I put way too high expectations on this whole experience obviously.

I will keep trying.  Maybe I'll try using my husband's Samsung phone. I don't know. I don't want to give up. I think I really need to rethink this whole process though.  And the fact that the video I had in my mind kept coming out to an hour long... that's crazy.  So, I'll get back at it.  I just wanted to give an update.

Also, I have been working on my resume, and have a few jobs I want to apply to, but I keep holding off. I mean, I still have my current job, though we don't know how long we'll have it. I have two letters of recommendation from two supervisors.  One made me cry. I truly love this job and these people, and it's killing me that it'll be over any day now. It still doesn't even seem real.

The budget was going *okay*, but I totally went over on the grocery budget. So, something we had planned on paying this month won't get paid. I haven't even looked to see who it will be.  I need to sit down and do bills since I did just get a paycheck, but my heart isn't in that either. I'll do it.  I'll get it figured out. Just, bleh.

So, in other news, my son-in-law, Joe, was in a car accident that left a hairline fracture on his sinuses and a black eye and a totaled car.



It could have been much, much worse. He's feeling a lot better now, and they ended up getting a new car with better space and better mileage, and he and Rhiannon found and have moved into a new apartment closer to his job.  He used to commute 2-3 hours EACH WAY depending on traffic, every day. So, they were finally able to afford a better, bigger place, only 15 minutes from his job.  Thank goodness!


 I know she'll be so happy to start cooking in this kitchen.  Their old place was just a room they rented in someone's house.  It was a converted garage with a bathroom. No kitchen.  She had an insta-pot and a crock pot and a microwave.

Also, my oldest daughter, Corina was recently promoted at work and is now co-manager of a new store about 90 minutes from here.  So, she and Nathan got a place halfway between so she can still come back and visit us and her grandmother (who she's been living with), and her friends here.  So, she'll still have a 45 minute commute, and I don't know how long she's going to like that, but it's better than 90 minutes.

She sent pics of her place too. It still needs some painting done, but they've gotten a lot done.  There's now a stove, and the carpets have been cleaned.  I know she'll be glad to have her own place again.





So, that's the current situation I guess. I'm going to go try this video thing again and try not to just give up completely. Hope y'all are having a great week!

Patty

Comments